The brand new 860 EVO is available in four different capacities – 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB, all of which are designed to fit anyone’s needs with a variety of price points. The most popular capacity is the 500GB model.
The best-selling SSD on Amazon I have ever seen with over 70000 4.5 star reviews. Although I have already covered the specs and the price of this SSD, it is time to take a look at some performance benchmarks and speed.
The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB. It also offers quick responsiveness under heavy workloads thanks to 100% faster Dynamic Thermal Guard protection against overheating. The 860 EVO comes in a range of capacity options, including 2TB – the largest capacity consumer SATA SSD available on the market today.
The video has the clear answer to the 860 evo speed you can see the main difference.
Reasons why 860 evo is better than other brands:
- 860 Evo provides up to 30% faster sequential write speed than the 840 EVO & up to 45% faster sequential write speed than the 845 EVO & 860 Evo samsung was able to accomplish this because 860 evo increases the TurboWrite buffer size up to 78GB.
- 860 Evo offers 5 times faster random write speed than a typical hard disk drive which is equivalent to 120 MB/s and 860 evo has Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC memory which is 2 times faster than TLC NAND memory. 860 evo delivers read speeds of up to 550MB/s & 860evo delivers write speeds of up to 520MB/s on all file types which includes compressible data, i.e., videos & music files as well as incompressible data such as images, texts etc.. 860 Evo has improved energy efficiency by up to 50% thanks to 860 evo samsung’s latest 4 bit MLC NAND flash memory. 860 Evo 8GB & 1 TB cost less than many other similar capacity drives while delivering superior performance and features, 860 Evo 8 GB costs less than $50 while 860 1TB costs less than $300.
- 860 Evo comes with samsung V-NAND Technology which retains your data longer than planar NAND giving you safely stored & secure data storage. 860 Evo’s Dynamic Thermal Guard protects the ssdd from overheating even when used in high ambient temperature environments for extended period of time. 860evo is equipped with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine 860evo not only guards your data but also helps you to maintain the integrity of the data as well. 860EvO has improved 8 times since 840 & 845 Evo both in terms of Performance and Power Efficiency. 860 evo samsung gives 10 years of endurance at 150 terabytes written (TBW) for 860 1TB.
- The Samsung 860 evo has 4 times more endurance than a typical NAND flash SSD to keep up with heavy workloads over long periods of time.
- 860 evo comes with samsung V-NAND Technology which retains your data longer than planar NAND giving you save and secure data storage.
- 860 evo is equipped with Dynamic Thermal Guard and 860 Evo has made use of latest vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash memory for higher density and performance with very little power consumption.
This SSD is best for you if you want to upgrade your older pc or laptop I would highly recommend checking it out because it is the number #1 most selling SSD on Amazon. However it is a little expensive compare to other brands such as Crucial, ADATA, and Kingston.
But, for mid-range or higher budget, The 860 Evo is worth buying.